Next week VCE will join thousands of IT professionals and innovators at VMworld 2014 in San Francisco. As a trailblazer in virtualization, at VMworld VMware will explore the next evolution of the software-defined enterprise as well as new innovations in the hybrid cloud and end-user computing.
VCE is transforming the way our customers deliver IT by providing the ideal infrastructure foundation for rapidly deploying new workloads and applications with the highest performance and availability and lowest total cost of ownership.
VCE is a Gold-level sponsor this year and will be discussing a key use case for converged infrastructure on Monday, Aug. 25 at 3:50 p.m. PT and Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 8:30 a.m. PT. Jay Cuthrell from the VCE office of the CTO will explain how to leverage converged infrastructure, a policy-based management framework and other enabling technologies to virtualize SAP landscapes and rapidly achieve ROI in Virtualizing SAP: Real Enterprise Experiences on VCE Vblock Systems. Jay will also be participating with George Viebeck of VCE in a Tweet Up on Aug. 26 at 5:00 p.m. PT at the VCE booth 1043 to discuss virtualizing SAP.
Attendees should join us in the VCE booth to see Michael Somerville of the University of San Diego discuss the school’s Vblock System implementation, as well as other VCE experts who will provide demos and presentations on VCE solutions for VDI, big data, SAP and Oracle (view the full list).
With so many sessions to see at VMworld, here’s a snapshot of additional VCE presentations attendees won’t want to miss:
- Building Heterogeneous Private and Hybrid Cloud Environments to Drive Today’s Business Demands (HBC3159-SPO) – This session we will cover the considerations for building private clouds on heterogeneous environments as well connecting those resources seamlessly across multiple private clouds and into the public cloud. Monday, Aug. 25, 11:30 a.m.
- Virtualizing SAP: Design Guidelines and How They Are Used in EMC IT’s Successful SAP Implementation (VAPP2309) – This session will cover guidelines for sizing and architecting the SAP stack on vSphere and then show how some of the guidelines were used in EMC IT’s successful implementation of virtual SAP. Monday, Aug. 25 1:00 p.m.
- McKesson OneCloud – The One Cloud to Rule Them All (MGT2385) – McKesson will discuss the evolution of its true private cloud to enable data center consolidation of multiple business units through VCE converged infrastructure, VMware orchestration and automation and HyTrust security policy controls and visibility. Tuesday, Aug. 26, 4 p.m.
- Moody’s IT Transformation: The Journey, the Process, Achievements and Benefits (OPT2089) – Moody’s is in the midst of a transformation to become a broker of IT services. This journey is starting through the implementation of VMware vCloud Automation Center. Tuesday, Aug. 26, 12:30 p.m.
- How to Build and Deploy a Well Run Hybrid Cloud (INF3037-SPO) – Learn how customers can leverage best practices to assemble intelligent components to rapidly deploy a hybrid cloud through integrated VMware and EMC solutions. Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2:30 p.m.
If you’d like to learn more about VMworld activities, keep a close eye on the VCE Vblog for live blogging and videos during the show, as well as our events page for full coverage and our Twitter feed. We’re looking forward to seeing you there!